Course Description: American Government is a semester-long course designed to help students understand the American system of government, as well as the role of citizens in a democratic society.
Course Objectives: This study is designed to enable students to:
- Develop a sense of political identity through the examination of political parties.
- Understand how the Constitution can be a vehicle of change and, for resolving issues.
- Understand basic principles and values of our democratic systems.
- Understand the purposes and organization of American government at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Identify and understand the interrelationships between the three branches of government.
- Explain how laws are developed and applied to provide order and protect basic rights.
- Compare American government with other political systems.