Paying for School with Someone Else's Money
Even if you qualify for a large amount of financial aid - you may still come short paying for all your educational expenses. To cut down on the number of loans you need for college, scholarships are a great way to help pay for school. There are many options available. As a mentor of mine used to say, "Double your rate of failure". Apply for as many as you can - it is worth the time invested.
Check out the following sites as you look for scholarships. Remember - if the site asks you for money to help you search - don't do it.
Not all of the following have been checked out - but they came from a reliable source.
Below is list of important links:
- WOU's Scholarship Page
- McNary's Scholarship Page
- McKay's Scholarship Page
- Fast Web Scholarship Search
- College Board Site
- Oregon Career Information System
- United Negro College Fund
- The Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- Free Scholarship Search