What is the purpose of a graduation coach?
"Graduation Coaches will act as case managers for at-risk students. Coaches will provide support or direct students to an appropriate community or school resource for the purpose of keeping the student in the learning progam they are enrolled in."
- Recovery and re-engagement of students into an appropriate learning program.
- Check and monitor recovered students as needed.
- Prevention - make contact with students that have six or more consecutive absences. The goal is to prevent students from dropping out.
How will a graduation coach help me?
- Place re-engaged students into an appropriate learning environment
- Analyze data to identify students at risk of dropping out
- Motivate students to focus on a graduation plan
- Negotiate extra help services
- Offer academic advisement, as needed
- Provide direct student support and case management
- Implement an effective transition program
- Connect parents and students with appropriate school and community resources
- Encourage parent and community involvement
- Work with students to develop a graduation and career plan to include the best program to meet academic and post secondary goals.
- Track the progress of individual students as they progress through high school and middle school
How do I know if I need to see the graduation coach?
- Students that have a credit deficiency
- Have failed multiple state assignments
- Have failed multiple core classes
- Display poor or irregular attendance
- Display frequent discipline and behavior challenges
- Highly mobile and or transient
- Struggle in reading and math
- Are disengaged from school
- Have a history of school failure
Who is the coach for my school?