AP Changes - 2019-2020
AP® Program Changes 2019 - 2020
Beginning in the 2019-20 school year, the AP® Program is introducing new resources and processes designed to help students earn college credit and placement.
Here’s what you and your student need to know:
- AP classroom sign up will take place early September in all AP Classes.
- Students will be asked to register for AP Exams in the fall. AP Exams will continue to be given in the first two weeks of May.
- There will be a $40 fee for late registration and a $40 cancelation/unused exam fee.
- Sprague High School will collect fees from October 1st till November 4th, 2019.
- The cost is $75 per exam. If you are a Free and Reduced Lunch recipient, please stop by the main office.
- Students will get personalized feedback through new digital tools that provide daily support for every AP classroom. Their teachers will be able to track
their performance throughout the year using monthly personal progress checks.
- Students should also check with their coaches and/or music teachers to see if they will be involved in any activities that will create a conflict during
an exam they intend to take. They need to bring Mr. Harris a note from the coach or teacher stating that they will need to take a late test.
To get ready for the coming school year, please encourage your student to sign up for a College Board account. All College Board programs are connected
through one account, so if your student created one for the PSAT/NMSQT®, SAT®, or College Board Opportunity Scholarships, they’re all set. They’ll just
need to have their username and password available.
2019-20 changes to AP
Student Parent Handbook
Sprague students if you’re taking an AP® exam, make sure to set up your College Board account.
- Created By P Rodin -- 8/26/2019
- Edited By Jordan Millett -- 10/7/19